Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Communication Styles †Analysis of a Special Interaction Essay

The report is an epitome of the special interaction between a Noble and a Reflective. The abbreviation is a process to see how communication modalitys affect the interaction, and how changing bingles style when communicating with another style brush off provide in different outcomes. This paper illustrates how I adjusted my communication style to adapt my boyfriends communication style and how the result changed. The paper addresses the following 1) A description of the interaction, 2) An analysis the interaction, and 3) Conclusion.see more guide how to support different communication abilities and needs of an individual with dementiaA description of the interactionThe specific interaction I want to debate is the interaction between my boyfriend, Tony, and me. Because we apply different communication styles, we sometimes show and get mad at each other. He is a heterosexual person forward person he tells me right away what I am doing wrong. As a Noble, Tony is truly dec isive. He likes to be center of any discussion. In contrast, I set out a Reflective style I tend to be quiet. I love spending time merely I think deeply and do not make decisions quickly.The interactionThe following scenario is an illustration of our communication styles. The interaction took place late at night two weeks ago at the Home Depot memory board where Tony and I went to buy some fixtures for my room. We went inside the store he grabbed the products he ask quickly, while I took my time looking around. I showed him the roost I had chosen and he said, It is not a night light. allows go over another row. He held my slew and tried to move quickly to another row, but I pushed his attain away and stood in the same area. He went by himself and said, We sport to flush up, or we can come back tomorrow. I was very angry, but I did not say anything. Finally, I went to the cashier, and I adage him holding a pretty night light in his hand.The meet of different communicatio n styleAlthough he still helped me choose the night light, his behavior made me feel like he was rushing me and did not care about me. He thinks he knows what I want, and he should have asked me what kind of light I needed. If I chose the wrong one, he should have explained what kind of light I needed. He acted as if he needed to make the decision for me because I was taking too long.An analysis of the interactionLast week, Tony helped me repaint my room and we went to the Home Depot to purchase color and painting tools. Tony was very unhappy because I took too long to conciliate the paints. He likewise complained why I did not plan forwards of time. In the meantime, I decided to speak out what I was persuasion instead of being quiet and doing my own thing. I told Tony that he should have helped me on selecting the paints because the color I wanted was not available and the teaching method of choosing and mixing colors in the store was confusing me. I exposit what kind of color I wished to use for my room and asked him for advice. I also talked to Tony directly that I tried to ignore his offended comments, but those unconscious mind words irritated me. Tony realized his unintentional attitudes made me upset and he said apologize to me. We both felt like we removed the communication style barrier between us after the frank discourse and we finished shopping and painting my room successfully. I will move myself to use this method in our future conversations to prevent conflicts and arguments.Conclusion encyclopaedism the communication styles concept has helped me better understand the way people interact. all(prenominal) person has a distinct style of communication which has both serious and bad aspects. Any miscommunication can cause unexpected outcomes, but if I can adjust or control my communication style, I can predict the result of most interactions. Therefore, I recognize that learning and catch other styles and applying what I have learned in r eal liveness will help to bring good results.

No comments:

Post a Comment